Leaders in Timber Frame Technology
Tailor a package that suits your budget from affordable basic kits delivered to site to a complete key ready building.
Timber Engineering Europe
Benefits of Timber Frame
SPEED OF CONSTRUCTION
- Significant savings in labour costs as the structural element is completed off-site
- Overall construction costs are lowered as site time is reduced by 30%
- Kits can be tailored to suit your budgets
- Huge range of finishing materials offer flexible price solutions
- Higher thermal insulation at an economic price when compared with alternative
- No costly site mistakes as all buildings are designed & specified on stand-alone
- Not weather dependent - can be erected in all weathers
- Allows fast, clean & economic extensions to be built at any time in the future
- Up to 40% saving on fuel bills compared to other methods of construction
- Full structural kits include engineer's structural calculations and all
documents/drawings required for local authority approval and sign-off
WHOLE OF LIFE BENEFITS
- Not weather dependent once the building envelope is sealed
- Becomes wind and waterproof within 5-7 days of commencement on site
- Can be ready for occupation within 8-10 weeks of site commencement
- Internal works commence immediately building envelope is complete i.e. 5-7 days
- Continuity of different trades is simple and site programming is reliable
- External wall can be left during inclement weather conditions for the elements to
- Allows fast repayment of building loans removing high interest accumulation
- Perfect choice for the self-builder - the complete structural element is completed
- Lower fuel bills
- Lower maintenance costs
- Low passage of airborne and impact sound
- Simple and economical repairs as a result of flooding - unlike masonry buildings
- Incorporates earthquake resistant design and recognised as the safest type of construction in earthquake conditions
- Higher floor space efficiency per square meter, than for a brick or concrete building.
- Remains cool in summer and warm in winter without any extra effort.
- No condensation or damp internally
- Wasted roof space can be used for living using room-in-roof trussed rafters
- Wood is effectively a carbon-neutral material (even allowing for transport)
- Over 90% of all wood consumed in Europe is sourced from European managed forests
- Low carbon emissions for life
- Low embodied energy count from cradle to grave
- Strength for strength, concrete uses 5 times, and steel uses 6 times more energy
to produce than timber
- Very low waste factor
- Truly sustainable construction
- Carbon absorbed from the atmosphere is stored in the timber during the life of
- 75% of the energy used in the production of timber products comes from residue
and recovered wood.
- Can be used on poor ground conditions where masonry can't.
- Less shrinkage, less making good as water usage is massively reduced compared to
- Less differential movement and less redecoration than a "wet build" structure
- Smaller units can use a plinth system - no concrete foundations required
- Virtually any design is possible making it perfect for one-off "bespoke" projects.
- Every wall dimensionally straight and perfect corners every time
- Module components make transport and handling onsite simple and reduces site theft
- Compliant with Eurocodes 1 & 5 and all European Building Regulations
- Fully compliant with EU fire regulations
- Not affected by harsh weather conditions
- Initial extensive structural analysis ensuring that the highest standards are
maintained both in design and manufacture
Download - Comparison Build.pdf
In some countries/regions some Hybrid buildings may not require planning permission.
Please check with the local authority, before you start.
If in doubt we can help.
For every cubic metre of wood used
instead of other building materials,
0.8 tonne of CO2 is saved from the atmosphere.
©Timber Engineering Europe - Design by Ytrion